The VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System from RØDE is a shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera. It features a Rycote suspension system that attaches to the camera’s shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight, and when mounting on a camera it does not appear in the frame. The VideoMic can also mount to RØDES boom poles for elevated audio capture. Its super-cardioid polar pattern attenuates sounds from the sides. The result is a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances.
The included Rycote Lyre is a non-elasticated suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic. It is more effective at acoustically decoupling microphones from unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than elasticated suspensions. The lyre remains effective at a wide range of temperatures and is virtually indestructible. It will never wear out, sag, snap or require any rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
An attached, coiled cable terminates to a 1/8″ (3.5mm) mini output connection. The VideoMic features a condenser element that utilizes a standard 9V battery (sold separately). The microphone will run for approximately 100 hours on a single battery.
- Barrel Canceling Pick Up
- The RØDE Video Mic functions as a true line plus gradient microphone with a super-cardioid pattern in the front and a barrel that cancels side-audio. The result is maximum pick up of the source in highly ambient and noisy environments.
- Selectable 10 or 20 dB Pad
- When capturing audio in loud environments, the VideoMic offers built-in attenuation. The selectable 10 or 20 dB pad lessens the microphone’s sensitivity, allowing it to handle higher SPL levels without sacrificing clarity.
- High Pass Filter Switch
- A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximities.
- Internal Power
- The condenser element is powered with a standard 9V battery for up to 100 hours (approximately).
10-Year extended warranty when you register your microphone
|Operating Principle||Line Gradient|
|Diaphragm||0.50″ (12.70 mm)|
|Frequency Range||40 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level||20 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||134 dB SPL 1%|
|Sensitivity||-38 dB @ 1 kHz, re: 1 V/Pa|
|Power Requirements||9 V Battery|
|Low-Cut Filter||Yes, @ 80 Hz|
|Pad||Yes, 10 dB
Yes, 20 dB
|Output Connectors||3.5mm TRS|
Wilcox Sound is an authorized RØDE Microphones Dealer