The NTK Valve 1.0″ Condenser Microphone from RØDE is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone which employs Class-A valve circuitry resulting in a warm sonic character. The NTK is designed for vocal and general instrument recording while providing the sonic character found in higher priced tube microphones. The capsule features a mylar dual diaphragm, sputtered in gold to provide transparent signal reproduction and wide frequency response.
The G.E. 6072 Twin Triode Valve is the core of the NTK’s circuitry, providing an analog “warmth” and presence that meets the standards of the most demanding engineers. The microphone features a custom built, Mu-metal transformer developed by Jensen Transformers. The end result is quiet, noise-free output at high gain levels. The NTK features a separate power supply, providing +48V phantom power. In addition, variations of cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 polar patterns provide a total of 9 selectable patterns.
- Tube Circuitry
- The RØDE NTK features the G.E. 6072 Twin Triode valve at the heart of its circuitry. The result is a warm sonic character found in higher priced tube microphones
- Quality Transformer Design
- The custom-designed, Jensen Mu-metal transformer provides a low-noise high gain signal path on output.
- 9 Polar Patterns
- Variations of cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure-8 provide a total of 9 selectable polar patterns.
- Separate Power Supply
- A separate power supply provides +48V of phantom power.
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Diaphragm||1.0″ (25.40 mm)|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level||12 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||158 dB SPL 1%|
|Sensitivity||-38 dB @ 1 kHz, re: 1 V/Pa|
|Output Connectors||3-Pin XLR|
Wilcox Sound is an authorized RØDE Microphones Dealer