The TCXS Set of multi-functional 16 channel transceivers for the time code transmission from BETSO meets the tough requirements of everyday use both from the mechanical as well as from the functional point of view. Applied anodized aluminum such as a high quality treatment process ensures a long product life and maximum satisfaction of its use. Set of multi-functional 16 channel transceivers BETSO TCXS is formed by two multi-functional 16 channel transceiver BETSO TCX.
Radio transmission of SMPTE TC signal
Multi-functional 16 channel transceiver BETSO TCX allows reception and transmission of TC signal on any of the 16 independent RF channels in a frequency band 433.15 – 434.65 MHz with a bandwidth of 100kHz. Multi-functional 16 channel transceiver BETSO TCX supports both standard and packet mode of transmission of TC according to BETSO PACKETTM standard and furthermore it allows also reception of TC signal in standard mode.
- Standard BETSO PACKETTM was developed to significantly reduce the transmission failure in the interfering radio environment. This standard allows to transmit TC signal to the wireless slate BETSO WTCS and to the scripting device BETSO WSR and to operate this devices at a distance up to 450 m from the transmitter of TC signal in the conditions of direct visibility. Standard BETSO PACKETTM doesn’t allow the configuration of two multi-functional 16 channel transceivers BETSO TCX for a TC signal transmission, this standard is designed exclusively for increase of range and resistance against a noise in the interfering radio environment during of use of the wireless slate BETSO WTCS and the scripting device BETSO WSR.
- Standard TC signal transmission mode allows the configuration of two multi-functional 16 channel transceivers BETSO TCX for a TC signal transmission. Set of multi-functional 16 channel transceivers is possible to use with any other wired or wireless device processing SMPTE TC signal. This standard allows to operate TC BETSO TCXS at a distance up to 350 m in the conditions of direct visibility.
Support of SMPTE TC signals
Set of multi-functional 16 channel transceiver BETSO TCXS supports all existing frame rates in the range of 23.976 fps – 30 fps, and both drop frame, and non-drop frame formats. Set of multi-functional 16 channel transceiver BETSO TCXS can process up to two times sped up TC signal (for use in music videos etc.).
Function overview of BETSO TCXS
The change of the settings of multi-functional 16 channel transceiver BETSO TCX and call of battery level function are controlled by multi-functional button ON/OFF.
- The settings of the RF channel can be done by mechanical rotary switch using enclosed screwdriver.
- Low power battery indicator is implemented.
The set is supplied in a professional hard case where two multi-functional 16 channel transceivers BETSO TCX are presented.
- supports 23.976 fps – 30 fps drop frame and nondrop frame SMPTE TC formats (includes up to two times speeded up TC for use in music videos etc.)
- 16 RF channels in the band 433.15 – 434.65 MHz
- supports packet mode of RF transmission acording to BETSO PACKETTM standard
- supports basic mode of RF transmission
- allows wireless transmission of TC signal between TC generator and any other device processing TC signal (camera, slate without RF functionality etc.)
- full compatibility with wireless slate BETSO WTCS
- smart power management durning standby and “SMPTE-PAUSED” mode
- low battery power indicator
- operating time up to 300 hours in standby and up to 30 hours in active mode
2pcs TCX transceiver, batteries, custom made case and mini screw driver for setting of frequency.
|TCX state indication LEDs||1x blue (time code activity), 1x multicolor (red – transmitter mode, green – receiver mode)|
|Dimensions (h x w x d)||89 x 55 x 24 mm|
|Weight||approx. 154g (including battery)|
|Mechanical construction||CNC milled, anodized aluminium alloy|
|Powering||1x AA battery (alkaline or lithium) / 1x accu (NiMH, NiCd)|
|External powering 3 – 18 V DC|
|Current consumption||6 – 65 mA *|
|Battery life||Up to 35 hours **|
|SMPTE TC formats||23,976 fps – 30 fps including DF and NDF (also 2x multiples: 23,976 fps – 60 fps supported)|
|Output TC amplitude||+6dBu|
|Input TC sensitivity||0.2 – 10 V (p-p)|
|Frequency range||433,15 – 434,65 MHz|
|Number of channels||16 (0 – F)|
|RF output power||1mW (1dBm)|
|Channel bandwidth||100 kHz|
|Frequency deviation||20 kHz|
* depends on the operating mode
** in active transmit / receive mode, depends on the quality of alkaline battery or NiMH