The VideoMic Pro+ from RØDE is a super cardioid condenser shotgun microphone that terminates in a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, outputs a dual-mono signal, and provides a TRS cable to make the connection and includes an integrated Rycote Lyre shock mount, and an integrated foam windscreen. It can be used to capture audio for camcorders, DSLR, and portable recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.The super-cardioid polar pattern of this microphone ensures that surrounding audio is minimized, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The VideoMic Pro+ has been upgraded from earlier models with an automatic power function, built-in battery door, digital switching, and multiple power options. The VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (lasts 100 hours on a single charge), 2X AA batteries, or continuously via the included Micro USB cable. The built-in battery door makes replacing batteries a breeze, and it won’t get lost!
Other new and noticeable features include Automatic Power Function, a built-in battery door, and a high-pass filter with cuts at 75Hz and 150Hz. The filter will prevent low-end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being picked up on the final track. You can set the right channel to record at a lower level for safety, a selectable high-frequency boost is also available. Its low-noise circuitry ensures you will not pick up any sound from the microphone’s innards. The microphone boasts +20 dB settings for DSLR cameras, a flat setting for high-quality preamps, and a -10 dB pad. The Automatic Power Function helps you save battery life by powering on when a mic cable is connected and powering off when it isn’t. This auto-powering feature can be turned on and off if desired.
The Digital Switching feature will ensure the user has the ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times. The Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras
- High-Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur
The RØDE VideoMic Pro+ uses a standardly sized shoe-mount for on-camera use and features a 3/8″ thread in the base of the mount for easy boom-pole mounting. The VideoMic Pro+ is battery powered and provides 100-hours recording from the LB-1 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery.
- Automatic Power Function with plug-in power
- Power via LB-1, 2 x AA Batteries, or Micro USB
- Ships with LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, Detachable 3.5mm TRS Cable, Micro USB Cable
- Built-in Battery Door
- LED indicator for power source and charging/discharging status
- Dual mono unbalanced output
- Optimised Windshield Shape
- Digital Switching
- 10-year extended warranty when you register your microphone
|Acoustic Principle||Line Gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter|
|Frequency Range||20Hz – 20kHz (selected HPF @75Hz/150Hz)|
|Maximum Output Level||7.7dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-33.6dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.20mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||14dBA|
|Dimensions||111mmH x 66mmW x 170mmD|
|Warranty||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration here|
Wilcox Sound is an authorized RØDE Microphones Dealer