The Stereo VideoMic by RØDE delivers true stereo X/Y recording in a compact, camera mountable microphone. The Stereo VideoMic accurately captures stereo ambiance while exhibiting excellent off-axis rejection and signal-to-noise ratio. The small, light weight profile allows quick and unobtrusive mounting on DV and HDV cameras without appearing in the frame.
The shock-mount is attached to the microphone and a versatile shoe mount allows the entire microphone to be mounted to a hot-shoe on a camcorder, boom pole or stand. Replaceable rubber O-rings suspend the microphone on the shock-mount and protect against noise due to movement and handling. A coiled cable terminates to a stereo TRS 1/8″ (3.5mm) mini output connection. The RØDE Stereo VideoMic is powered by a standard 9 Volt battery. The Stereo VideoMic is an excellent choice for weddings, Electronic News Gathering (ENG), interviews and more.
- Stereo X/Y Recording
- The RØDE Stereo VideoMic features true X/Y stereo pick up for accurate ambiance reproduction. Excellent off-axis rejection minimizes residual noise.
- -10dB Pad
- The Stereo VideoMic features a -10dB Pad switch for enhanced headroom and minimal distortion.
- Camera and Boom Pole Mountable
- The versatile shoe mount allow the microphone to be mounted to camcorders, stands or boom poles.
- Integrated Shock-Mount
- The Stereo VideoMic features a permanently attached shock mount with a camera mounting shoe underneath. The shock mount features replaceable rubber o-rings that protect against noise caused by abrupt movement and shock.
- High Pass Filter Switch
- A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximity.
- Internal Power
- The condenser element is powered with a standard 9-volt battery.
|Frequency Response||40Hz – 20kHz Selectable HPF @ 80Hz / 12dB /octave|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||115dB (per IEC651)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||79dB (A-weighted per IEC651)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||130dB (@ 1kHz. 1% THD into 1 ohm load)|
|Power Requirements||9 Volt DC Alkaline|
|Output Impedance||200 ohms|
|Output Connectors||Stereo mini jack – 1/8″ (3.5mm)
Right Channel – Ring
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||80Hz / 12dB octave|
|Dimensions||6.85 x 3.93 x 2.51″ (172 x 100 x 64mm) (Length x Height x Diameter)|
|Weight||11.64 oz (330g)|
Also available to purchase with durable neoprene pouch for the VideoMic
Wilcox Sound is an authorized RØDE Microphones dealer