The RØDE NTG2 is a condenser shotgun microphone designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, RØDE has implemented low noise output electronics and wide bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG2’s broadcast sound quality.
The super-cardioid polar pattern and line plus gradient acoustic principle effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces the incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio when using the NTG2 in noisy environments.
The NTG2 is powered with an internal 1.5V AA size battery or an external +48 Volt phantom power source. The output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, lightweight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The RØDE NTG2 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
- Battery Or Phantom Powered
- The RØDE NTG2 can be powered with an internal 1.5V AA battery or external +48V phantom power source.
- Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The super-cardioid polar pattern and line gradient acoustic principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis sections.
- Lightweight Durable Construction
- The NTG2 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
- Low Handling Noise
- Low noise output electronics provide high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG2 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling etc.
|Frequency Response||20Hz to 20kHz|
|Sensitivity||-36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||76dB (1kHz rel, 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Power Requirements||+48V phantom, 44V to 52V|
|Output Connectors||3-pin XLR balanced|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||Selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB octave|
|Dimensions||10.94 x .87″ (278 x 22mm) (Length x Diameter)|
|Weight||5 oz (161g)|
Wilcox Sound is an authorized RØDE Microphones dealer