The white Lavalier Microphone Kit from DPA Microphones is a kit designed for use in performance applications to capture audio for broadcasters, TV studios, news anchors, stage plays and more. It features a 4060 omnidirectional condenser microphone and is offered with a DMM0017 microphone holder to protect the mic from rough handling. The holder is designed to minimize clothing noise and allows the mic to be mounted on either left or right side of lapels, shirts, and neckties. A cable hook minimizes visual appearance and stabilizes the mic cable behind clothing.
The kit includes 2 different protection grids which allow you to acoustically modify the microphones response. The response will vary according to the placement of each grid. The 4060 omnidirectional miniature microphone has a low noise floor and can handle high SPLs. A MicroDot to 3-pin XLR belt clip adapter, miniature mic holder, and 2 protection grids are also included.
- Omnidirectional Pattern
- The omnidirectional condenser mic polar-pattern does not need to be aimed directly at the sound source when recording. This offers more detail and a natural sounding sonic character when recording in various environments.
- Different Protection Grids
- The kit includes 2 different protection grids. The soft boost grid introduces a 3 dB soft boost around 8 – 20 kHz for applications where the miniature-microphones need to be placed on the head of the performer. The high boost grid introduces a 10 dB soft boost around 12 kHz for applications where the miniature-microphones need to be placed on the chest of the performer. The metal grids are anodized stainless steel.
- MicroDot to 3-pin XLR (P48) with Belt Clip
- The adapter for powering miniature-microphones via standard P48 phantom power is the DAD6001. It is active signal balanced and improves suppression of induced electromagnetic noise. Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) is better than 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz. The adapter is functional at 12 V phantom power but needs 48V ± 4V to reach full specifications. The DAD6001 is designed for use with miniature-microphones from DPA only. A belt clip is included.
|Principle of operation:||Pressure|
|Cartridge type:||Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm|
|Frequency range, ± 2 dB:||Soft boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 – 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.|
|Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz:||20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa|
|Equivalent noise level, A-weighted:||Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))|
|Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4:||Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)|
|S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL):||71 dB(A)|
|Total harmonic distortion (THD):||< 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine|
|Dynamic range:||Typ. 100 dB|
|Max. SPL, peak before clipping:||134 dB|
|Output impedance:||30 to 40 ohm|
|Cable drive capability:||Up to 300 m (984 ft)|
|Color:||Black or white|
|Microphone weight:||7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector|
|Microphone diameter:||5.4 mm (0.21 in)|
|Microphone length:||12.7 mm (0.5 in)|
|Cable length:||1.8 m (5.9 ft)|
|Polarity:||Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin|
There are no reviews yet.