The RØDE NTG1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone is designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, RØDE has implemented low noise output electronics and wide bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG1’s broadcast sound quality.
The super-cardioid polar pattern and line plus gradient acoustic principle effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces the incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio while using the NTG1 in noisy environments.
The NTG1 is powered with an external +48 Volt phantom power source; the output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, light weight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The RØDE NTG1 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
- Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The super-cardioid polar pattern and line gradient acoustic principle allow for a narrow pick up pattern at the front of the capsule while minimizing noise at the off-axis sections.
- Lightweight Durable Construction
- The NTG1 features a lightweight metal housing that is ideal for camera mounting.
- Low Handling Noise
- Low noise output electronics provide high signal-to-noise ratio. The NTG1 is designed to also reduce noise caused by handling, rigid mounting hardware, loose cabling etc.
|Frequency Response||20Hz to 20kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||121dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||76dB (1kHz rel, 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||139dB SPL (@ 1% THD into 1k ohm)|
|Power Requirements||+48V phantom, 44V to 52V|
|Output Impedance||50 ohms|
|Output Connectors||3-pin XLR balanced|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||Yes|
|Dimensions (LxDiameter)||8.54 x .87″ (217 x 022mm)|
|Weight||3.7 oz (105g)|
Wilcox Sound is an authorized RØDE Microphones dealer